By Susan M. Drake
Translate the recent criteria into significant curriculum!
This up-to-date version of Susan Drake’s vintage textual content serves as a highway map during the universal center country criteria, providing you with the flexibleness to layout an built-in curriculum that’s correct on your scholars. concentrating on multidisciplinary, interdisciplinary, and transdisciplinary ways, Drake offers tips on:
- Unpacking the typical center nation Standards
- Planning review tasks
- Designing educational strategies
- Developing day-by-day activities
- Helping scholars attach crucial inquiries to enduring understandings
Included are new examples of exemplary courses, dialogue questions, a pattern accomplished interdisciplinary curriculum, and actions for construction your individual standards-based built-in curriculum.
Read Online or Download Creating Standards-Based Integrated Curriculum: The Common Core State Standards Edition PDF
Best curricula books
It really is very unlikely to not ask ourselves the best way to focus on the position and impression of medical examine in instructing and studying. The discovering, instructing and studying triangle explores a turning out to be development between best universities internationally to concentration recognition at the caliber of post-graduate schooling and the luck of the educators, utilizing pioneering examples, starting from classroom-level projects to university-wide tasks.
Utilizing serious curriculum conception as its lens, this e-book explores the connection among religion—specifically, Christianity and the Judeo-Christian ethos underlying it—and secular public schooling within the usa. regardless of quite a few 20th-century court docket judgements keeping apart faith and schooling, the authors problem that faith is in reality absent from public schooling, suggesting in its place that it truly is actually greatly embedded in present public academic practices and discourses and in a number of assumptions and views underlying understandings of training, studying, and instructor coaching.
Starting with a quick highbrow historical past of the tutorial tradition wars, Eric Adler’s publication examines renowned polemics together with these via Allan Bloom and Dinesh D’Souza, and considers the oddly marginal position of classical reports in those conflicts. In providing a quick historical past of classics in American schooling, the quantity sheds mild at the place of the arts regularly.
This publication deals a re-evaluation of the tutorial and occupational worth of MOOCs in keeping with advancements because 2013. whilst MOOCs appeared--amidst nice fanfare--in 2012, leaders proclaimed an instructional “revolution. ” through 2013, although, dramatic disasters, adverse study findings, and sharp reviews ended the MOOC hype.
- Emergent Curriculum in the Primary Classroom: Interpreting the Reggio Emilia Approach in Schools (Early Childhood Education Series)
- Critical Pedagogy and Global Literature: Worldly Teaching (New Frontiers in Education, Culture, and Politics)
- A Teaching Assistant's Guide to Completing NVQ Level 3: Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Better Feedback, Improved Lessons: A How-To Guide for Principals, Teacher Educators, and Mentors
- Standards and Mastery Learning: Aligning Teaching and Assessment So All Children Can Learn
Extra resources for Creating Standards-Based Integrated Curriculum: The Common Core State Standards Edition
Creating Standards-Based Integrated Curriculum: The Common Core State Standards Edition by Susan M. Drake